Sunday, February 7, 2010

Dispatch Number 55 -Beer Thoughts

No matter how common I think I am or try to be, when I travel Latin America I am a petite bourgeois.

Travel is either finding yourself or accepting who you are.

Disowning my own culture I seek it in the countries I visit. How can you seek such a thing when you are an outsider? A drifter takes the best of the places he visits. He belongs to the travel culture. He is lost and wants it that way.

Constantly uprooted he finds his companionship in other vagabonds, his books, journals and long walks. Who will he be after it all?

Sitting by a lake shore that feels like a sea shore.

My days revolve around meals not livelihood. I am a member of the leisure class. An undeniable member.


David
Taganga, Columbia

1 comment:

TC said...

How's the beer in Columbia? I would think you'd be drinking rum by now...